AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI GX60 with AMD Radeon HD7970 - Windows 10, second screen no longer working

Question asked by mrmattnz on Nov 1, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 by omegared

Hi there guys,

So I have a MSI GX60 Laptop with Radeon HD 7970M running and windows 10. Previously I have been running my TV screen (Sony 40") with no issues through the HDMI slot. then it seems like along came "AMD Radeonn Settings" and it no longer detects my TV display. I have tried removing drivers, re installing. Removing software, reinstalling. I can't seem to get anything to make it work. I try to open the settings, and get the following warning:
"No AMD graphics drivers installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware"
So, I try to give that a nudge. But then it says all my drivers are up to date, AMD auto detect says the same.
When I fully got rid of the drivers, and software, when installing I got the message something along the lines of "Your graphics card is not compatible with these latest drivers. Click yes to continue which may cause issues, or cancel. Is this where I went wrong?

Any help would be amazing. Really need to get this screen back up and running, and keep it up and running.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes