Hi community,

please excuse mr for my bad englisch.

First my System:

CPU Intel i7 4790K

ASUS z97-a Mainboard

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290X Tri-x

Windows 10 64 bit

I have the following big Problem:

Since at the beginning of this year i get sporadically bluescreens on my Windows 10 Computer with the "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" error message.

This Problem has appeared after an update of windows 10. I dont know wich update it was exactly but in my opinion it isnt necessary because i have done a lot of new installations of windows 10 to solve this issue without success.

For your information i have done the following steps without a solution:

- installation of all windows updates

- new clean installations of windows 10 (1607)

- sfc /scannow

- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

- chkdsk

- many many clean-deinstallations with amdcleanuputillity

- after that many many installations of various amd crimson driver versions

- memtest (no Problems occur)

- GPU test with furmark testing (no problems occur,)

- "WhoCrashed" shows me the following files wich cause this bluescreen:

- dxgkrnl.sys

- atikmdag.sys

At the moment my system is running with amd driver version 15.11 without any problems and bluescreens.

But for some reasons i have to update this really old driver. All driver newer than the version 15 will cause these bluescreens and force me to restore my system to run smooth. So i can exclude a broken hardware.

It seems it have to do with the crimson software, my windows 10 from a certain build and maybe my hardware combination, because i re-installed windows so many times.

Im really really helpless now and i have absolutely no idea what i can do. So i hope someone of you can help me to finally fix this issue.

Best regards