please excuse mr for my bad englisch.
First my System:
CPU Intel i7 4790K
ASUS z97-a Mainboard
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290X Tri-x
Windows 10 64 bit
I have the following big Problem:
Since at the beginning of this year i get sporadically bluescreens on my Windows 10 Computer with the "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" error message.
This Problem has appeared after an update of windows 10. I dont know wich update it was exactly but in my opinion it isnt necessary because i have done a lot of new installations of windows 10 to solve this issue without success.
For your information i have done the following steps without a solution:
- installation of all windows updates
- new clean installations of windows 10 (1607)
- sfc /scannow
- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
- many many clean-deinstallations with amdcleanuputillity
- after that many many installations of various amd crimson driver versions
- memtest (no Problems occur)
- GPU test with furmark testing (no problems occur,)
- "WhoCrashed" shows me the following files wich cause this bluescreen:
At the moment my system is running with amd driver version 15.11 without any problems and bluescreens.
But for some reasons i have to update this really old driver. All driver newer than the version 15 will cause these bluescreens and force me to restore my system to run smooth. So i can exclude a broken hardware.
It seems it have to do with the crimson software, my windows 10 from a certain build and maybe my hardware combination, because i re-installed windows so many times.
Im really really helpless now and i have absolutely no idea what i can do. So i hope someone of you can help me to finally fix this issue.