2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 3:46 PM by wrecklesslegion

GPU issues since 16.10.02 driver update

wrecklesslegion

As you can tell by the title of this post i have been having some issues with my GPU since the 16.10.02 driver update.

Mainly i has affecting my BF1, i have been getting some pretty nasty micro stutter, horizontal screentearing, inconsistent FPS and some driver crashes during gameplay, i have solved all but the driver crashes by turning of the option to use directx12 but the the driver crashes still continue but are even worse now, instead of just crashing my game my display freezes completely, i have to turn of my PC by holding down the power button on my desktop, i also get random screen freezing during general use of my PC ( browsing facebook, watching videos ect) but instead of completely freezing my screen it will freeze for about 2 seconds before turning black and then it's back to normal, i don't get an error message when this happens.

I have not had these issues with any of my other games even when playing witcher 3 on high settings minus a few hair option which are on lower setting and i get a steady 60 FPS with no other graphical issues.

My temperatures seem OK, at idle my CPU tends to be around 25 degrees and my GPU is around 45 degrees, on BF1 my CPU is around 45 degrees and my GPU in the high 50s, my GPU fans are set to come on at 60 degrees and i haven't noticed them coming on during BF1 (they do on witcher 3 ect)

My specs are intel i5 6500 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Sapphire Redeon R9 390 Nitro 8GB GDDR5.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, i have updated to the 16.10.03 driver but issues still persist.