2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 1:23 AM by splendidosplendente

Error with driver upon boot (16.10.2)

mw2k

The error only occurs in event viewer and doesn't seem to have any impact on general usage. Not yet anyway, I guess. Windows 10, R9 390X. The error I get is:

The description for Event ID 0 from source amdacpusrsvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

amdacpusrsvc

acpusrsvc: IOCTL_ACPKSD_KSD_TO_USR_SVC_SET_FB_APERTURES: FAILED

This only occurs when I start the computer, not any other time so far.

• Re: Error with driver upon boot (16.10.2)
          phoneman

I read that this is part of the AMD TrueAudio function. I have two systems with APU A10-7870K CPUs and I get this on my main system after installing new W10 driver 16.9.2. The sound driver was updated to 10.0.1.0. On my wife's system which has not be updated and has 10.0.0.2 does not have this event error.

Jim

• Re: Error with driver upon boot (16.10.2)
            splendidosplendente

I used to get the same error a lot, but in my case it did cause problems quite often as my would computer completely freeze right after it. Black screen and boom, I had to hardreset it. Sometimes it would even freeze during right after loading windows inmedialty after the first crash.

I solved it by using the Display Driver Uninstaller tool from Guru3d and installing the drivers again. Apparently GPU manufacturers haven't figured out yet how to properly remove their own old drivers from a system so you have to use tool developed by a 3rd party.