8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2017 4:39 PM by kingfish

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or it's not functioning properly

tinac

Hi there. I have been struggling with this problem for a longer time. I have a Dell Inspiron 3737

Display: AMD Radeon HD 8870M and Intel HD Graphics Family

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500U CPU, 1.8GHz

8GB of RAM

Using Windows 10, 64-bit

The problem I have ony appears with the newer drivers, this time just focusing on the Crimson Edition 16.10.2 driver. The driver provided by dell's official website works without problems, but I can not run some games with that old driver. I recently installed the driver mentioned above so I could try out Battlefield 1 and after installing I had a few problems.

1. In device manager my card is sometimes displayed as a Radeon R9 M200X card, instead of what usually my card is. But I figured that is not that big of a problem considering some amd cards are fairly similar and can be easily mistaken for the other model and this happened with some older crimson drivers, but at least settings worked. I am sure the correct driver is installed as I have manually downloaded it and installed it.

2. Later, after the second restart (since the installation of the driver), in device manager my display was shown as my installed graphics card, the hd 880M model, but as soon as I clicked on the Radeon Settings to see if everything is working properly I got an error saying: ''No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD graphics driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.''

I already did a clean install of the drivers using DDU in safe mode, but it didn't fix my problem. Hope to soon find out if I could do something about this.

Thank you all in advance.