1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 2:19 AM by amdmatt

Can't install AMD Display Drivers

rfelizardo

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000

Asus HD7870 DirectCUII. I don't know the latest driver installed but as of yesterday it was up to date.

Running Windows 10 Pro.

Asus P8Z77-V PRO

Samsung S22A350H 1920x1080

HDMI connection

MOBO using UEFI

So the problem started yesterday evening. I got a Yellowish screen with stripes and had to manually reboot my PC. Couldn't get my pc to boot up, only in safe mode. Tried numerous things including repairing and restoring the system but it just wouldn't work. Today I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything went smoothly until I tried installing the AMD driver. I downloaded the autodetect tool and tried installing everything. Next thing I know my pc freezes again. I tried rebooting but had the same problem as before. I was able to go into safe mode by forcing my BIOS to use my iGPU. Uninstalled all the amd drivers with the DDU tool. Booted normally and this time tried installing the drivers after downloading the whole crimson package. The installation just stalled at 16% when trying to install the AMD Display Driver and froze up the PC. Had to reboot into safe mode again and use DDU once more. Tried using the AMD removal tool aswell but that was also a no-go.

Seems I'll just have to use my iGPU while we wait for a fix.