10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 11:17 AM by hundeface21

XFX Radeon R7 360 Fan not working

hundeface21

Hello,

I recently bought an all-in one PC with an XFX Radeon R7 360 Core Edition.

It seems to be working quite nice, but the fan does not spin at all, not even when reaching temperatures about 100°C. I already had some crashes because of that. The fan can also not be controlled by software of any kind.

The fan is not obstructed by anything. The question is, might the graphics card be defective, or am I doing something wrong?
      From what I have read online, the card should have a 6-pin power connector, but I can't seem to find it.

I also tested another graphics card, the fan is working fine just as it should.

• Re: XFX Radeon R7 360 Fan not working
          xfxsupport

Hello,

We're sorry you are having issues with your 460.  The majority of 460s have a 6pin available.  What models is yours?  the fans should kick on at 65'C and keep the card nice and cool. 

Have you started a ticket at xfxsupport.com? 

Did the fan somehow get unplugged? 

What are you using to monitor the hardware?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              hundeface21

It is a 360. I'm not sure where the difference between a 360 and a 460 lies.

I'm not quite sure what I should be referring to when naming the model, but written on the label attached to the graphics card is "R7-360-2N V2.2

Radeon R7 360 Core 2GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2xDVI".

Are you sure the fan only starts at 65°C? Because my other graphics card's fan did spin right from the startup of the computer.

Also, shouldn't the whole card, rather than just the fan, not be working, if a power cable really did miss?

Anyways, from what I can see, the fan is plugged firmly to the card.

To monitor the temperature, I used CPUID HW Monitor as well as MSI Afterburner, which I also used to try to control the fan manually, without success.

I have not yet started a ticket, but I will consider it.

arcticwind

The six pin power connector is either on the top or back of the card. It does differ by which model you have.

Image result for xfx radeon r7 360 core edition

hundeface21

Yes, I thought as much.

I have taken out the card several times now and looked all over it, but I can't seem to find it.

The connector is not exactly easy to miss, either.

There just doesn't seem to be one.

Thank you nonetheless.

arcticwind

(I recently bought an all-in one PC with an XFX Radeon R7 360 Core Edition.)

Who made the "All in one PC"?

Check with the manufacturer of the computer, it may have an OEM version of the card in it.

If there is no 6 pin connector, it is drawing power from the motherboards' PCIe slot.

You may have a bad video card.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          hundeface21

Huh, that is a good question.

I don't know if it is an OEM version or not, is there any way to find out?

The PC was sold and assembled by an online-shop, they had pre-arranged offers of systems, but you could change the individual components before the purchase (I don't know if that points to OEM components or not).

I have already tried to have them repair or replace the card, but I had a lot of trouble with their service.

(If there is no 6 pin connector, it is drawing power from the motherboards' PCIe slot.)

But would that be an explanation for why the fan is not working? And why should the manufacturer remove the 6-Pin connector?