15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 8:42 AM by juxitan

Amd 16.10.2

juxitan

Hi, i have a x64 windows pc and amd catalyst tells me that there's an update (16.10.2) but, even if i restart my pc, it tells me that 16.9.1 catalyst is installed: why? Sorry for my bad english and thanks to you all
      PS My graphic card is sapphire HD7970 Ghz edition, my cpu is 3570k and my mobo is asus p8z77lx-v

• Re: Amd 16.10.2
          gamy

I suppose you might follow this guide? The specified item was not found.

It guides you how to proper upgrade you graphic card. Tell us how you go after all.

Thanks

1 of 2 people found this helpful
            kingfish
                juxitan

Sorry, i couldn't do nothing until now. When i try to uninstall 'AMD install Manager', the pc gives me a blue screen

juxitan

And now i try to install amd drivers, they won't install because, for the system, they're in...

apolics

Okay let me see if I got where you are on this.

You have uninstalled the Graphics Driver right?

Which version of windows are you using 7, 8, 8.1, 10?

juxitan

Windows 7 64 bit. I don't know if they were uninstalled completly because even if i delete all amd folders, i can't install a working crimson

kingfish

Simple answer....you must FULLY update Win7 Before trying to install any AMD driver. WINDOWS UPDATE>

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

juxitan

It is updated...

juxitan

Now i've done the windows system reset, but crimson isn't working: in the bottom right i can see the amd logo but if i click or right-click it, it doesn't work

kingfish

Have you tried this? > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

juxitan

Yeahp, i've tried to uninstall all amd files with amdcleanuputility but, when i open the exe to install 16.10.3 it says that install only hdmi audio drivers, amd profiles (or something) and it takes only 50 MB max

juxitan

Probably i'll format my computer: i've formatted it recently and i've installed only drivers, microsoft office, steam, skype and some programs like hwmonitor. But first i'll try to use a recent backup, but i'll have the same problem, probably

juxitan

Maybe i've found out why i had this problem: when i installed windows, i've done the manual update. It could be the problem?

apolics

Unless you did not bother manually updating your PC from the Windows Update in the control panel it is not the problem. What it sounds like is the registry was not cleared by the uninstaller and the original driver you had installed just did not uninstall all the way. It is a frustrating process which takes longer than most people like but bear with it.

Try using this: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (The link is in orange in the center just in case you miss it.)

Download it then run it and wait until it prompts you to restart your PC. It may seem like it is doing nothing but it takes awhile. The screen will flicker black for a minute maybe a bit longer but do not freak out about it. It is simply reinstalling the default Windows VGA driver.

After you restart delete the AMD folders.

Check the following folders for AMD:

Computer > Local Disk C:

Computer > Local Disk C: > Program Files

Computer > Local Disk C: > Program Files (x86)

Computer > Local Disk C: > Users > User Name > AppData > Local

(In the event you do not see AppData it is hidden)

Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.

Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

To confirm everything from the AMD installer package is uninstalled.

Check to see if the video driver is installed here:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Display Adapters

It should not display a graphics card name here but the Windows default VGA driver.

Then check to see if the excess programs from the AMD installer package are uninstalled here:

Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program

You should not see AMD Install Manager. In the event you did install Vulcan Runtime Libraries, Application Profiles, or Radeon Settings they should appear as installed. It should just prompt you that the program is uninstalled and ask if you would like to delete the shortcut when you select to uninstall them.

Now the only thing you should have to do is reinstall the AMD driver of your choice. It should install without a problem if you updated your PC with Windows Updates. It is very unhappy without the Windows 7 SP1 update. If there is a problem after this I would be over joyed to know how it went wrong.