9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 3:15 PM by kingfish

HD7730 GPU || Windows desktop manager has stopped working + AMD Help center/GFX Settings

migzdc

Hello guys

I have an HD7730 2GBDDR5 GPU and I had the stock driver (the cd that comes with the product) installed. A driver update prompted after 1-2 months of using so I updated it thinking it's all good but during the update Windows desktop manager stopped working (which removed aero effects). After the installation I tried opening the new control center (radeon settings and crimson I think) but they won't even work.. No errors or anything they just don't start up. I tried restarting the computer cause I thought it was normal so I restarted it and after that I logged into my computer and right after logging in it gave me a blackscreen for about 1 min or less and then the errors show up after 1 minute. Here's what it looks like after the black screen (which is probably caused by the windows desktop manager failing to start up)

hay.png

hayy.png

I failed to take a photo of the Windows desktop manager error but ik you guys know that already.

I've reinstalled the old driver now and everything works fine in the old version.. But I don't wanna settle for that haha. I really want to update my driver.

I've tried a few fixes like:
      1. restarting? (Lol)
      2. Restart windows desktop manager in services (doesn't work at all it just crashes again and again when I try to restart it)
      3. sfc scan

My system:
      Windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit
      AMD A8-7600
      Radeon HD7730 2GBDDR5

Emaxx A70FM2HD-iCafe Motherboard