0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 3:10 AM by ivanrk

R9 380 GAMING 4G Video Card crashes FSX

ivanrk

Hello.  I have the above card and when trying to access WX Advantage add-on from within FSX it crashes immediately.  I have been trying unsuccessfully for a month to get this fixed but no luck. Crash1.jpgCrash2.jpg

Rex/Milviz believe that it is a MSI/ATI problem.  MSI believe it is an AMD Driver problem.  Here is REX/Milviz response: "

You may have to take this issue up with MSI/ATI since their hardware isn't supporting the creation of hardware accelerated D3D11 devices when it should.

We are not in the development of code for graphic cards.  We develop based upon the standard of the protocol provided to us by Microsoft and their DirectX API.  If a graphics card is not supporting that or has modified that - there is NO WAY we can know that.  It is impossible to us to test for EVERY scenario.

None of the other products use DirectX10/11 to shift the processing work to the GPU."  Here is MSI response: "

Dear Sir:

Thanks for contacting MSI Technical Support Team!

Regarding your concern,

Well, It's, usually, relate to the AMD driver.

So we have to suggest you contact AMD support for the issue.

Best Regards".

Any help would be much appreciated.  I am running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit OS.  As you can see the faulting module is ATIdxx32.dll.  It gives the path as Windows\System32 which is strange as I never had that file in that location being a 64bit OS.  I copied it into this folder but it made no difference.  I have rolled back drivers to much earlier releases but still it crashes.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.