1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 8:56 AM by amdmatt

Windows 10 Anniversary driver issues

helm2lee

After a windows 10 "forced critical update" to version 1607 anniversary edition, my computer goes to a black screen booting up. After contacting Microsoft help desk, they installed a different display drive to get my system up and running. After two weeks of fixing a laundry list of issues created from the ill-fated MS AE OS, I am still trying to get my display driver issue corrected, as the display screens flicker and videos do not run smoothly with the current installed driver. I tried downloading the current drivers listed by AMD but run into the same problem and have to revert to the last restore point. I had no issues with the windows 10 1511 version. Although my system is a bit older I have it set up nice and was blazingly fast prior to this  win 10 AE OS update.

I need help with what driver will work , here are the specs, (currently using ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 ver 8.771.1.0  dated 9/9/2010 driver)

HP Pavilion dv74285dx

Intel i5 M460 2.53ghz (running all 4 cores)

6 GB memory windows 10pro ver 1607 64 bit

dual 1tb  WDC HDD drives

Amd HD6370 graphics card

using 3 screens ( 2x monitor's,(( 1horizontal, 1 vertical)) 1x laptop) 3rd run through usb video adaptor

fingerprint reader, 4xusb, hdmi, sata, sd card reader, blue tooth keyboard mouse, untitek power 3xusb"3" expansion and sd card dock, wireless/cabled side sync sys

This is clearly an issue with windows 10 AE ver 1607 and higher OS, is AMD working on a fix,, ? Any help is appreciated, to invest in a new similar system would be very frustrating.

• Re: Windows 10 Anniversary driver issues
          amdmatt

The HD6xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information availablehere. Unfortunately this means the recommended action would be to roll back to the older Windows 10 build.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.