AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon R7 - best settings for HDTV as monitor?

Question asked by kendee on Oct 17, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by black_zion

I recently installed a Radeon R7 240 (GV-R724OC-2GI REV2.0) in a Dell Optiplex Windows 10 machine and it is driving an 49" LG 4K HD TV (LG 49UH6100) being used as a big screen computer monitor.

I'd like to try sharpen up the way the text displays on this big screen.  I've read lots and lots about how to play with the various LG TV settings, and I am continuing to experiment with them, but am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for how to best configure the graphics driver for this card to have the sharpest and clearest text.  I've tried using some of the Windows display properties scaling features....including scaling up the size of the text, trying different resolutions (4096 X 2160 is best), turning on and off ClearType, etc.

But what I'm wondering is if anybody has any suggestions for settings specific to the Radeon card I'm using...either in the Windows configuration settings or the Radeon driver configuration program (I just updated to latest Radeon driver version 21.19.137.1). I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.  Thanks!

Outcomes