7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 7:34 AM by m0gg

Crimson 16.10.1 missing display settings

rkok

After installing the latest crimson 16.10.1 the Display menu is now missing from Crimson.

So, I can no longer change freesync settings nor can i change virtual super resolution or color temperature.

In addition to this, advance settings is ALSO missing so i cant even change any settings to do with multi display or multi gpu selection.

FFS AMD, do u guys even test your bloody applications before you release it?

• Re: Crimson 16.10.1 missing display settings
          amdmatt

Thanks for the post, we're investigating this issue. ray_m

Can you provide more information about your system, including which monitor you are using?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

rkok

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                • AMD R9 290X 4GB ( x 3 in crossfire configuration )
              • Desktop or Laptop System
                • desktop
              • Operating System
                • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
              • Driver version installed
                • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1
              • Display Devices
                • Acer XR34 CK1 Freesync monitor connected via Mini Display Port - DP 1.2 enabled.
              • Motherboard
                • MSI Gaming Godlike X99
              • CPU/APU
                • Intel Core i7 - 5930K
              • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                • EVGA SuperNova G2 - 1600w
              • RAM
                • 32GB

Describe your issue:

• From crimson main menu - 2 of the usual menu tabs are missing in this version of the driver package. one of them being Display settings.
              • Another thing that is missing is the ability to access advance settings - the clickable link is now just a text table on your UI.

I have installed this driver with the following procedure

- complete uninstall of existing 16.9.3 driver using DDU in safe mode

- install new 16.10.1 driver in normal mode after a restart, with AV (anti-virus) disabled

Also noticed, once 16.10.1 is installed, if i attempt to re-install over the existing driver without an uninstall, the second attempt will succeed but upon system restart i now get an error saying ATI dll is image is corrupted, and now the system is unusable as windows will freeze in a matter of seconds. - I am now forced to go into safe mode to restore the system. Just before the system freezes, if you right-click on mouse context menu, you will suddenly see 2 BLUE crimson icons instead of the usual RED icon -> the Radeon Pro features are suddenly enabled via context menu (even tho you cant use it because windows would have come to a complete freeze by the time your eyes spot these icons and read their description)

shadders

I'm getting the same problem, no advanced settings:

AMD Graphics Card

• Sapphire RX480 Nitro 8BG OC
                • desktop
              • Operating System
                • Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Driver version installed

• Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.2
              • Display Devices
                • Dell U3011 via Display Port
              • Motherboard
                • Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer
              • CPU/APU
                • Intel i7 - X980
                • Corsair HX850 Professional Series HX 850W ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold PSU
              • RAM
                • 24GB
                  rkok

I am using the latest 16.10.2 now and the missing menu problem is gone now.

However, these issues still remain:

1) driver upgrade from x->y succeeds but windows crashes upon restart + login. In safe mode you can still see the radeon pro version of crimson activated (but it will crash if you try to activate it). This seems to be a driver install problem where the wrong DLL or settings are configured for the 'upgrade' install option.

with the above I was forced to use DDU for a clean uninstall and then a fresh install of the new driver which is really inconvenient.

2) occasionally while gaming in full screen mode, the game will automatically 'alt-tab' back to windows desktop for no reason

3) on system restart (this only happened once so far) the crossfire mode is disabled and I had to re-activate it in the crimson advance settings. i suspect this problem is related to the display adapter detecting and using a different enumerated device for the monitor resulting in 'new' set of settings. this problem also relates to some people seeing their windows desktop defaulting to a LOW resolution when the display wakes from sleep -> windows fails to detect the current display via display port and defaults to its backup display which is a low resolution display.

#1 is definitely an AMD issue which i think they need to resolve as its been around since the past few releases of Crimson driver updates.

#2 and #3 i think is a Windows 10 issues - but no excuse here as AMD should work closer with MS to resolve these issues too.

lastly, this probably doesnt matter much to me anymore but it may still matter to a few out there ->

DIVISION - this stupid game still only scales up to 2 x GPU. with my 3 X crossfire setup the 3rd GPU is never utilized at all.

jlcsantos

hi..

Install new radeon crimson relive (16.12.1)

Uninstall using DDU v17.0.4.0 (h t t p: //www.wagnardsoft.com/) and reinstall. It worked for me !!!

m0gg

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                      • XFX RX480 GTR Black Edition
                      • Custom
                    • Operating System
                      • Windows 10 64bit as guest with passed through gpu
                      • Linux 4.8.2 w. qemu 2.7.0 as host
                    • Driver version installed
                      • Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1
                    • Display Devices (connected to amd gpu)
                      • AOC AGON AG271QX via DP 2560x1440@144Hz
                      • random old LG Flatron via DVI 1920x1080@60Hz as secondary display
                    • Motherboard
                      • ASRock Z77 OC Formula
                      • q35-chipset via qemu in guest
                    • CPU/APU
                      • Xeon E3-1246 v3 @ 3.50GHz
                      • random suffcient BeQuiet power supply
                    • RAM
                      • 4x4GB CL9-9-9 DDR3-1600 @ 1600MHz

Describe your issue:

• Missing "Display" tab from radeon settings
                    • Settings are not missing when using Crimson Edition 16.9.2

Facing exactly the same issue. I've successfully used amd gpu passthrough in virtual machines for quite some time now. First with Xen-Hypervisor and now via qemu and vfio. And i'm very thankful that your driver at least installs fine in virtual machines. (Nvidia, if you're reading this: Get your 'i won't install in virtual machines'-nonsense together!)