18 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 1:22 PM by colesdav

i tried to update my radeon 7340 to crimson and now my graphics hardware is showing up as "A-Series APU" how do i fix this and why did it happen?

silbrulf

essentially.. title says it all.

Edit: and now i cant play 90% of my games.

Edit2: got the display driver to show up by downloading it from hp, but now it wont load the radeon driver. driver properties says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" so still need help. BTW, this is me working at the problem for 12 hours straight so far...

Edit3:

Here is the Link to the HP website showing all my hardware/stock software (HP 2000-2c29WM Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support). The only changes thus far are as follows:

Display Devices:

Element TV 1360x768 60hz HDMI Cable

Laptop standard Screen is damaged, so disabled and removed

Graphics Driver:

13.152.1.3000 (Ihave tried updating to crimson and nothing seems to change... screenshots are taken AFTER 3 successive attempts to install crimson via whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.10.1-oct13.exe and whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.10.1-oct13.exe each)

so. im trying to get crimson to install without losing my Radeon drivers COMPLETELY again... obviously from my hardware, i need SOMETHING to be able to run my games well (i can hit 200 fps in skyrim without this stuff, but with LE coming out in two weeks... and i dont want to play with ini files for every game i play). and screenshot 3 is definitely not what i see in other screenshots and youtube videos... and i am installing the same exact files a lot of the times.

my question may seem to have evolved into a new one, but trying to install crimson (from AMD) is what resulted in my driver reverting to the "basic display driver" in the first place.

The last file is the report from ccc install, it said "warnings occurred during installation", but none are showing in the report that i can see