2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2016 8:43 PM by caiyan1990

triple 390x crossfire failed on overwatch

caiyan1990

I am having trouble playing overwatch with my triple 390x corssfire. The system configuration is as follows:

3960x(default speed, no oc) 16g DDR3 2400 Asus Rampage IV Black Edition (X79 platform)

triple XFX 390x 8G crossfire

win10 64bit pro edition

crimson 16.10.1

+12v single rail PSU rated at 1800W (true, special product made by HIPER group)

I used to have two 390x running crossfire and playing overwatch on my 4k display with no problem except the already known flickering issue. However, after purchasing another same brand, same spec 390x and forming a triple 390x crossfire, overwatch became not playable. To be more specific, I can open up the game to the main menu, changing settings and etc., but whenever my hero dies in a game, in the kill cam scene, the whole screen will turn totally white, with no display at all. The sound is fine, but I cannot see anything. Each time I had to use ctr+alt+del to terminate overwatch.

I have been testing this triple crossfire system on 3DMark, AIDA 64, and I have run Furmark exterme burn-in to see if the PSU is ok. Everything turns out fine.

Worth noting is that there is no graphic error message when the screen turns white in game.

With overwatch being one of the most popular games now, I sincerely hope AMD could resolve this issue and not letting my investment be in vein.ray_mamdmatt

• Re: triple 390x crossfire failed on overwatch
          gto_pro

ur investment was in vein from the start 3x 390x? what for a game that u can confortably play one 1 gpu its just overkill and the other thing that its been for years is that dual ,triple or more gpu crossfire or sli are poorly optimised for gaming  with the money u invested in those 3 u could of just got a gtx 1080  or a fury x and save some money.

• Re: triple 390x crossfire failed on overwatch
              caiyan1990

I hold a different idea though. I am a loyal AMD fan, have been using AMD graphics from 9500 to 7970 to 295x2 and to triple 390x. The reason why I bought another 390x is that I am playing overwatch on 4k display with ultra settings. One 390x is not enough for that, dual 390x is fine.

In order to get ready for some other more demanding games such as GTA V and others, and since I already have dual 390x, I thought instead of selling them on ebay for one third of the price I paid, buying another one to form a triple CF would seem more reasonable.

Still, I am just posting the issue I have with the fact that I am using triple crossfire, and hopefully AMD can add overwatch support in case there are other gamers with similar issues.