4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 10:47 AM by major_slackr

"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat..."

razielaxiom

AMD Graphics Card: Radeon RX 480

Desktop System

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Driver: Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Hotfix

Display Device: Element brand HDTV, part number unknown. 1360 x 768 (105Hz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

RAM: 16GB

While playing Battlefield 4 and using the Game DVR function of the Xbox app, my system game locked up. I checked my drivers and noticed there was a new version out. Uninstalled drivers using the AMD Clean-Up Utility when the regular method didn't work. Installed the newest driver and restarted the computer. When I click on the Radeon Settings icon in my task bar, I am treated to the warning message below before the icon vanishes.

"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0) .

This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable's directory or in a location listed in PATH."

I already uninstalled Raptr and rebooted the system.

What is happening here? How do I solve this problem?