2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2016 1:57 PM by techguy

My amd a10 6700 is running hot between 130f and 175f the fan is working what gives?

exodus7777

my hp desktop amd a10 6700 is running hot thye fan is working

• Re: My amd a10 6700 is running hot between 130f and 175f the fan is working what gives?
          arcticwind

It could be any number of things.

Are the temps under load or at idle?  Where are you getting these temp readings from (From BIOS or another program)?  

Are you getting a BSOD?  Is your computer shutting down because of these temps?

The Basics:

• Verify that there is unrestricted airflow to and from the CPU's heatsink and fan.
          • Move the computer away from other sources of heat, or to colder place.
          • Clean the CPU's heatsink and fan. Also clean other fans that are usually attached to your computer case.
          • Make sure that you use thermal paste when you install the CPU's heatsink.
          • Replace CPU's heatsink/fan with a more powerful one.
          • Add more fans to your case.
          • Replace the computer case with a case, that provides better airflow and more extensive cooling capabilities
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: My amd a10 6700 is running hot between 130f and 175f the fan is working what gives?
            techguy

Make sure that you are reading the APU/CPU INTERNAL temp with a temp program that provides accurate temps in to 60C-70C range. The max Internal temp, sometimes referred to as "core temp" or similar is 71C for your processor. AIDA64, Core Temp, OCCT and HWiNFO are applets known to report the Internal APU/CPU temp correctly in the 60C-70C range. If you are reading "CPU Temp" then you are NOT reading the Internal APU/CPU temp. The "CPU temp" is the reading for the CPU socket, not the Internal APU/CPU temp. The CPU socket typically runs 10C-25C higher than the APU/CPU Internal temp.

The OEM AMD supplied fan will properly cool the APU/CPU it is supplied for if all is running properly and the PC case has proper airflow thru it. The first thing to check is to see if your CPU/APU and case fans are all running at 100% speed. You may need to adjust their speed in the BIOS or O/S so they can run at full speed as needed instead of at partial speed. The APU/CPU fan speed will vary with APU/CPU Internal temp and load. The APU/CPU frequency and vcore vary constantly to provide the best performance based on Internal APU/CPU temp. If your APU/CPU reaches an unacceptable Internal temp, the frequency and vcore will drop to allow the APU/CPU to cool properly.

1 of 1 people found this helpful