My Desktop details are as under:-
1) Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (3 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
2) Motherboard: ASUS & M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3
3) Memory: 20480MB/ 20 GB RAM
4) SSD:- Samsung 850 PRO 256GB (Dedicatedly used only for running OS & Soft wares)
5) Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
6) Present GPU:- Integrated On-Board Graphic Card (ATI Radeon HD 4250)
7) Expansion Slots Empty on Motherboard:- PCIe 2.0 X 16 Slot-1 No., PCIe 2.0 X 1 Slot-2 Nos. &
PCI Slot-1 No.
After lot of help from guys like you and my subsequent research, I have finalised to go ahead with the following for my Quad/ 4 Monitor Setup,
1) GPU:- AMD FirePro W4100 1 No. and
2) Monitors:- Dell UltraSharp U2415, 24”, 16:10 (1920x1200) 4 Nos.
Links showing details for both the above products are given below,
I will install the GPU in PCIe 2.0 X 16 Slot which is empty on my motherboard.
As you can see W4100 has 4 Mini DisplayPort 1.2a Output, EACH capable of MST (Multi Stream Transport) and Dell U2415 has DisplayPort Input as well as DisplayPort Output with Daisy Chaining.
Just wanted to make sure of the following before investing so much,
1) Will I be able to do a Quad/ 4 Monitor Setup with this GPU & Monitor on my above-referred system?
2) Will I be able to run each monitor at 1920x1200 resolution in Extended Display?
3) If “Yes” for 2 above, then, can I use ANY of the following options given below to achieve this,
Option 1st:- Directly connect each monitor DP Input with each GPU Mini DP Output by a Mini-DP to DP Cable.
Option 2nd:- Connect 1st Monitor DP Input with GPU Mini DP Output by a Mini-DP to DP Cable and Daisy Chain the 2nd Monitor and then Connect 3rd Monitor DP Input with GPU Mini DP Output by a Mini-DP to DP Cable and Daisy Chain the 4th Monitor.
Option 3rd:- Connect 1st Monitor DP Input with GPU Mini DP Output by a Mini-DP to DP Cable and Daisy Chain the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Monitor.
4) Which of the above 3 Options will be best suited for my purpose?
5) Are there any other options besides the above 3 which can be used?
6) As far as my understanding goes for any of the above 3 options I will NOT have to buy any “Active” or “Passive” Adapters, correct?
Any other valuable suggestions will be more than welcomed.
Waiting for your confirmation.
Thanks in advance!