2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 9:41 AM by becky87

HD6650M flashes

becky87

I recently bought an Emachines G640G laptop, it was updated to windows 10 and the screen was flashing a lot.

I installed windows 7 Ultimate and the flashing stopped. I used the windows VGA driver first, no problems at all... Untill I installed the AMD driver!

The flashes came back... No matter what I do, every setting doesn't make any difference... when I use full resolution, full screen I get ra ndom flashes (Usually in google Chrome/Firefox or applications with webcontent, Internet Explorer works great...). In windows itself there is just occasionally a flash. (a horizontal line, radomly over the screen)

When I set down the resolution or the size of my screen (with big black borders) it stops... But I didn't get a big screen to use half the size of it....

I have the driver 15.301.1901 installed.

What can I do now? My games are very slow. I can't even play Fifa 13.... I'm very dissappointed, I couldn't find a solution... Please help me

• Re: HD6650M flashes
          kingfish

You must first update Win7 before trying to install any AMD graphics drivers > Windows Update

The specified item was not found.

• Re: HD6650M flashes
            becky87

getting evertything up-to-date was the problem... I called Acer and explained that the latest driver wasn't working properly. They sent me an email with the original AM D driver (so no update, this one is from 2011) Fifa is working great and I haven't seen any flashing things... I couldn't find the original driver on the AMD site. Maybe I haven't looked good enough. But it seems like the latest driver ánd the bétadrivers are not working proberly (at least on my device).