10 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2018 3:32 PM by udidwht

Motherboard start screen missing (colored rectangles) with RX480

criskette

The problem is exactly the same that the one from here: Bios splash screen missing with RX480

When I start my system up I usually get a MoBo splash screen which gives me F key choices to get to my BIOS. After installing the new Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro plus with 8 gigs of memory, all I get is a scramble screen of multicolored rectangles. Not really a big problem as I could always check my MoBo manual for what keys I need to press, but I am curious if this is happening to others or is this a problem with the new graphics card? Everything works fine, just the BIOS and motherboard stuff start screen missing.

BTW I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-990FXA-UD3 and an FX-8350 CPU 4.00 GHz and 16 gigs of RAM, power supply is 750Watt Nox Urano.

The discussion ended but I have the same problem and the solution can't be just "build a new pc"... I'm pretty sure the problem is with the motherboard but how can I solve it?

I updated the BIOS with @BIOS but the problem still continues, I'm gonna ask Gigabyte to see what they tell me.

Thank you!