AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motherboard start screen missing (colored rectangles) with RX480

Question asked by criskette on Oct 11, 2016
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by udidwht

The problem is exactly the same that the one from here: Bios splash screen missing with RX480

When I start my system up I usually get a MoBo splash screen which gives me F key choices to get to my BIOS. After installing the new Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro plus with 8 gigs of memory, all I get is a scramble screen of multicolored rectangles. Not really a big problem as I could always check my MoBo manual for what keys I need to press, but I am curious if this is happening to others or is this a problem with the new graphics card? Everything works fine, just the BIOS and motherboard stuff start screen missing.

BTW I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-990FXA-UD3 and an FX-8350 CPU 4.00 GHz and 16 gigs of RAM, power supply is 750Watt Nox Urano.

The discussion ended but I have the same problem and the solution can't be just "build a new pc"... I'm pretty sure the problem is with the motherboard but how can I solve it?

I updated the BIOS with @BIOS but the problem still continues, I'm gonna ask Gigabyte to see what they tell me.

Thank you!

Outcomes