AnsweredAssumed Answered

My pretty good laptop runs my games slowly...

Question asked by jr94643 on Oct 11, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 by ankitkumarkhanna

NOTE: This is the first thing I have ever put on this website and I don't know if there is a certain section to put this forum, or whatever you guys call it on here.

So I've started to use my laptop quite a bit more and I've started purchasing new games like CSGO and Rocket League. I've noticed that my laptop doesn't really run them too well even though my specs are actually pretty good. Here are my specs (yes I just copied and pasted):

Processor: AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 1900 Mhz, 4 Core(s)

Graphics Card: Primary Adapter: -AMD Radeon R6 R6 Graphics Linked Adapter: -AMD Radeon R7 M265

I don't know the difference between Primary Adapter and Linked Adapter so if someone could help that would be awesome.

So, at the moment my main focus is to make a game called 'Dirty Bomb' run at a solid 30-60fps with out dropping or having lag spikes. I do get a good average of atleast 20fps but it sometimes has some lag spikes, and especially when there is an explosion in the game.

Obviously using a laptop powered by AMD, I have access to the AMD Catalyst Control Centre. I have changed things around to help me run my games faster, like my power saving settings and my 3D applications settings.

After looking around for a while I found that there should be a Performance tab on the side. My Catalyst has every tab but it. I'd like to work around the 'frequencies', as the guy I watched called them, to help run my game smoother.

So here are the main questions I'm asking... 1. Why does my good spec laptop run my games slow? 2. What settings should I change in my Catalyst to allow better performance/fps? and finally 3. How do I get that performance tab in my Catalyst?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Outcomes