4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 3:42 PM by ipwright83

Overscan/Underscan settings missing?

ipwright83

I've got an AMD Radeon R9 280 and it's displaying black borders around the screens of my 2 new ASUS VC239H monitors (1 connected via DVI, 1 connected via HDMI). I'm running both at the recommended resolution of 1920 x x1080. I've done quite a bit of reading and it suggsets the overscan/underscan settings need to be changed within the Additional Radeon Settings, but they're not there... I've read that this was previously a bug with the settings user interface, but from my understanding it should be fixed now, yet I can't see it?

I'm using the "Crimson 16.10.1 - 2016.0916.1515.27418" version and I believe I'm also using the latest driver for the graphics card (though I'm not certain where to check this).

Can anyone suggest what I might be able to do to remove my black borders?

Thanks

• Re: Overscan/Underscan settings missing?
          amdmatt

For HDMI displays only, the option should appear under Radeon Settings > Displays.

ipwright83

The only thing I see on the Display tab is the HDMI Scaling which is set to 0%. If I increase it the borders get worse.

Do you have other suggestions? Also if we find the setting for the monitor connected via HDMI, how do I fix the one connected via DVI?

I've included a photo of the output at present, with the edges of the screen shown with a red-line to indicate where the display should be ending.2016-10-05 22.22.46.jpg

catchabreak

open Radeon settings, then go to preferences, click on Radeon additional settings. In Radeon additional settings go to custom resolutions, you can increases or decrease screen width and height, save as a default resolution.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  ipwright83

catchabreak - I can't seem to work the custom resolutions. Firstly I have no idea what resolution I should be using (the recommendation from the manufacturer to use the full screen dimensions is 1920x1080 which is what I'm using). Reviews where people haven't got it working all point to changing "scaling" properties, hence me looking for the overscaling/underscaling originally.

The second problem, is regardless of what I do, whenever I hit verify it does nothing or deletes the custom resolution I just created...