3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 1:45 PM by hogies

MSI RX480 8GB Random black screen

hogies

Random black screens, doesnt seem to matter what I'm doing. Screens black, PC still runs and doesnt reboot. I cant even manually shut the PC down unless I pull the plug from the PC.

I run an FX8300 cpu, 800W PSU, 8GB 1866 ADATA Ram (soon to be 16GB), on a gigabyte mobo (dont have the exact model right now).

• Re: MSI RX480 8GB Random black screen
          hogies

Also, I have tried rolling back drivers. I am wondering if just doing an RMA on the card might be the best idea. I've ready every thread everywhere about this issue and I am beginning to think on top of everything, i may have a defective card.

kaapstad

When you rolled back the drivers did you use DDU after you uninstalled the old ones ?

Have you tried the card in a different PC ?

Sometimes what you are describing can happen after overclocking the PC and the BIOS settings become corrupt.

hogies

No and No. I did put my OLD vid card back in and had the SAME issue. I have been noticing my cpu temp up around 60c and I am starting to think it may be a CPU cooling issue. Its an FX8350 with a 2 year old sealed liquid cooling unit. I am unsure that this is the issue, but I am almost thinking I need to go with a replacement cooler if its running that hot. I dont even have that much of a load to be honest. Browser open and maybe a game. Usually nothing much more than that.

Any thoughts?