7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 2:01 AM by no_know

880k max voltages?

no_know

What are the maximum safe core and CPU-NB voltages for the 880k?

• Re: 880k max voltages?
          black_zion

Don't exceed 1.45v on either, ideally keep your CPU Vcore under 1.4v. Not going to damage it, but past that you've passed the point of diminishing returns.

no_know

System becomes unstable when CPU core is set below 1.475volts. CPU-NB can run at 1900Mhz with 1.237volts.

My goal is to get the CPU-NB to 2200Mhz. I can get 2100Mhz with 1.237volts. I cannot get 2200Mhz with up to 1.325volts so far. What does it take to get 2200Mhz? Is it even possible? If these processors can handle 2133Mhz RAM why cant the NB run past 2100Mhz?

black_zion

My NB runs at 2600mhz, but you'll only notice a difference in specific benchmarks, such as the AIDA Cache & Memory Benchmark, as you're only talking about nanoseconds difference in access times and perhaps a few hundreds of MB/s difference in reads and writes in systems which aren't RAM dependent the way servers and HPCs are.

cachemem.png

Also I forgot the default voltage on the 880K was 1.425v, but you shouldn't have to use 1.475v unless you're overclocking and not telling us.

no_know

Has AMD themselves even figured out the max voltages? I know they took a while to list the max temps for the early FX processors.