1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2016 2:55 AM by fatmaninexile

gigabyte 460 radeon won't wake second display

fatmaninexile

I just bought a gigabyte radeon 460 4gb card and it will not wake the second display when the computer boots or when it comes out of sleep.  I have to shut the monitor off, then turn it back on after the computer is fully booted or awake. The previous card an r9 270x did not do this.  I have updated the drivers to the latest version of 16.9.2 and am stumped at how to fix this.  I am running twin Dell sp2208wfp monitors one through HDMI and the other through DVI (I had been using DP to HDMI adapter and switched for a straight cable)

I tried switching the sleep and power options to various settings, nothing will make the second display light up.

A8 5600k black ops processor
      Gigabyte GA-F2a88xm-d3hp
      32gb DDR3 GSkill 1866 ran

Samsung Evo III 250 gb SSD
      2x4tb Western Digital Black Drives
      850W Seasonic 80+ Gold PSU
      Windows 10 professional
      And the Gigabyte Radeon 460 4gb

No errors come up in the event manager and nothing that I can find in any setting will change this.

Any suggestions?

• Re: gigabyte 460 radeon won't wake second display
          fatmaninexile

So Gigabyte's technical support finally reached out to me. Not only did they not read what I had submitted (and I know that when dealing with a support issue, you go through a check list a,b,c etc). they still try and have me figure out of this 460 radeon card will load windows etc with only 1 monitor connected. That is not the issue. The issue is that your design will not load 2 or more. I did try all of the inputs individually. Made the most sense to try that to see if there was a port issue. Truly not impressed