0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 7:28 PM by johnthejoker

Run 3 monitors on a RX480 with a HDMI switch + Out of sleep

johnthejoker

Describe your system:

• Radeon RX480
      • Desktop
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Radeon-crimson-16.7.3-minimalsetup (prev tired the full driver suite and uninstalled this)
      • Display Devices
        • Dell P2414H 24 inch Monitor via DP (works)
        • Dell P2414H 24 inch Monitor via DP (works)
        • Dell P2414H 24 inch Monitor via HDMI to a HDMI Switch then HDMI to DVI from the switch
      • MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard LGA 1151 4x
      • I5-6600K
      • Cosair AX850
      • Toshiba THNSN5256GPU7 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD
      • Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz Memory Kit

Problem 1) - SOLVED

So all monitors have been tested (so the problem is not the monitors)

The 2x DP connections are fine.

The last monitor I have connected as follows.

GPU (HDMI) -> 2mtr cable -> HDMI 5 port switch -> HDMI to DVI into monitor

I am using a switch as I have a Xbox 360 and PS3 hooked up so that I can switch onto them on the 3rd monitor.

The PS3/Xbox connection works, the PC connection shows up as the monitor is detected but no display is presented (see image below problem monitor is display3, I have also tried dropping the resolution).

I did somehow get it to display a couple of times- no idea how this happened - when it did all three monitors displayed correctly.

I am now assuming that the HDMI connection needs to be active, ie a DP to HDMI active adapter between the GPU and the switch? then just go HDMI to DP on the switch?

I say this option as a HDMI to DVI active adapter is £££

SOLUTION - Ok so v odd I know but I got thinking, and after going though a bunch more alternatives (thanks to a giant box of cables) I have gone

GPU (DP->HDMI) -> 2mtr cable -> HDMI 5 port switch -> HDMI to DVI into monitor and it seems to be working

Problem 2)

When the system sleeps I am unable to wake the monitors (they are on but blank) - this means I have to hard reset the PC and log back in, I have tried disabling hybrid sleep, PCI-E Power saving mode and still this occurs. I have tried this with only two PC's using DP (ie not the active/passive worry from above) - Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!