6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 7:23 AM by newin

GA-F2A88XN-WIFI with RX470 nitro+ 8go randomly freeze

newin

Hello,

Actually I don't really know if it's a drivers problem, so I'm sorry if a mod need to move this thread...

What is happening:

I have a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI which is the only AMD mini-ITX motherboard that I could found. It seems working fine.

I have a Sapphire RX470 nitro+ 8go and as long as I do not install any crimson everything is working fine (slow but fine).

Then I installed crimson and the PC randomly freeze (like a total freeze that need a hard reset).

I tried crimson 16.7.3 and 16.9.2 Hotfix but no difference, I have good performance overall but It's randomly freezing after I installed it.

When I say randomly I mean I can use it like 15min to 1h without any problem and it stop working for no reason.

I tried under heavy task and without and It does not change anything.

I don't know if it's a manufacture error from sapphire that the driver is enabling, if crimson is broken, if the motherboard does not support the extra energy asked from polaris card, or if my chipset/bios need a special driver to support the polaris card.

[edit] I just have a new symptom: the screen goes black and after a few second the windows 10 loging screen show up. I could not reproduce this one, it still mostly freeze.

PS: the malware option will be tested soon by re-installing windows

• Re: GA-F2A88XN-WIFI with RX470 nitro+ 8go randomly freeze
          amdmatt

What are your system specs?

Troubleshooting

The most common driver installation errors can be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps below.

• Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To run the DISM command:

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
            • Type the following command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter.

Note: While running DISM you may notice the process will appear to pause at 20%. After a few minutes the operation will      To run the SFC command: 

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
            • Type the following command SFC /SCANNOW and press enter.

For more information on using SFC on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, please refer to this Microsoft KB:

• AMD driver software package requires the latest updates for Microsoft .Net Framework and Windows to be installed. Please run Windows Update and install all available critical and           recommended updates. In order to minimize the risk of installation errors, Windows should be fully updated before installing the AMD driver software package.

• Driver cleaning software, such as the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), can completely remove existing or damaged driver files and registry entries, thereby           allowing a successful installation of the latest AMD driver software package.
            • For instructions on how to use the AMD Clean Uninstall Tool, please visit this link.
            • DDU can be download here.

Note!  DDU is a third party application. Please refer to the program documentation for more information, it is to be used at your own risk.

• Please ensure antivirus definitions are up to date and temporarily disable your antivirus/security software, prior to installing the AMD driver package software.

• For instructions on how to install the Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver, please visit this link.
          • For instructions on how to install the Catalyst Software Suite for legacy products, please visit this link.
            • Re: GA-F2A88XN-WIFI with RX470 nitro+ 8go randomly freeze
              newin

I have a AMD APU A10-7700k black edition on a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI with 8Go of ram, and the graphic card is a sapphire RX470 8Go nitro+ OC, everything is brand new (less than a week old).

We just did a fresh windows 10 install because the troubleshooting was basically saying "there is something wrong with windows" and we do not have any data in this PC yet (again, everything is brand new).

I'd like to know if there is some known problem with the few Watts that Polaris cards ask to the motherboard with my GA-F2A88XN-WIFI. I know that it is usually not a problem but this Motherboard was release way before Polaris card so I would not be surprised if it does not support it (with problems like the card is under-powered or the motherboard is freezing everything for security reason).