5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 8:58 AM by 1madkins

Eyefinity funtionality

1madkins

So, I have tried to remain patient, but what is going on with the Eyefinity implementation since Crimson???

I have four monitors, three in a row on bottom and one above the middle. I game every day on the bottom three and it used to be a matter of pressing a hotkey, playing a game, pressing a hotkey, and back to work.

Now, EVERY SINGLE crimson update has made it worse. First to go were the hotkeys. Fine, I can click advanced and pick the saved Eyefinity setup. Then, the saved setups went and I had to go to advanced and run the entire Eyefinity setup wizard again. Now, when I'm done and turn off Eyefinity, only one monitor is on and I have to go to Windows Display Settings and extend to the other three.

I can't be the only one experiencing these issues. WHY would you start stripping functionality out of the legacy parts of the application when there is nothing in the "pretty" parts to replace it.

I know part of me is just venting, but I have about $1k in video cards, it has been almost a year since the transition to Crimson started, and I spent a good portion of yesterday recovering from an issue where 16.9.2 hosed my computer. I'm ready for this experience to be a lot more seamless.

edit: a word

• Re: Eyefinity funtionality
          Hardwood

I'm with ya brother!! Need Hotkeys!!

1madkins

I determined long ago that the quick setup does not work for my needs because it tries to create an Eyefinity configuration with all available monitors. I have one by itself up top that does not need to be included. I recently tried unplugging that monitor from the video card then doing quick setup and it worked fine. Both options are a pain, but at least that is faster than going through the advanced setup every single time.

1madkins

So, after a couple hundred times of unplugging my monitor to game, I'm starting worry about physically damaging the plug on my $700 video card. Is there any news about an easier way to turn on/off a specific Eyefinity configuration?

Or...can anyone recommend one or more NVidia cards that can compete with 2 R9 295x2 cards?

Hardwood

Seems there's no solution. If it weren't for your fourth monitor you'd likely be modestly happy with the way Crimson gaming handles eyefinity games.

I guess my point is, do you really need that top monitor? Sorry bud, but for now that appears to be the only viable solution.

1madkins

I think part of what is so frustrating is that this was working perfectly and then piece by piece they started ripping out the functionality without replacing it. Hotkeys to switch profiles, then profiles entirely...

You still even have to name the display group after completing the advanced setup, but can't re-enable it. Why not just use that display group when the Eyefinity switch is set on the game?