5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 5:58 PM by nasty7

CPU Monitoring Gadget

nasty7

Hey guys, I just want an easy to read Gadget to monitor my CPU.  I have researched it quite a bit but now even more confused as usual lol.  I like the simplicity of Core Temp and it comes with a Gadget that will sit on Desktop, but I see that this is an old program.  That don't really bother me to much because I just want a simple Gadget. HWiNFO64  was also suggested to me, and am looking now at HWMONITOR PRO also.

The program needs to be free and work with my Dual core AMD Athlon II M300

Thanks, Nasty

• Re: CPU Monitoring Gadget
          black_zion

AIDA64 has a free version and can monitor a host of things which you can configure (and rename). Not all of these may be available in the free version, but CPU core temp is.

Capture.PNG

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              nasty7

I really appreciate the help guys.  I did look at the AIDA64 also black_zion! it also looked good.  Glad to have this specific AMD Site available.

I think I will settle on Core Temp because of the simplicity and the gui interface.  As techguy had a good point and was already leaning towards that one.  I just hate to install things willy nilly.  Don't have a lot of resources so don't want to install any garbage that will mess up my new install.

Thanks again! I'll report back

techguy

The Core Temp applet works well and doesn't take up a lot of screen space. The AIDA64 provides more info. but the extra info. isn't usually needed. Either are good screen applets.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                  nasty7

I guess I can only Mark One Correct Answer so will just mark this one, thanks to black_zion also!  Haven't installed yet but will sometime today.

nasty7

Okay guys, got Core Temp and am very happy.  Downloaded the Standalone first by accident.  Got it all setup they way I want without any Tutorial so that is a good point.  Got the Core Temp Gadget 2.8 for it also and it's up and running upon startup.  Will customize even further soon!  Thanks again, Nasty7