6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 9:44 AM by alessandrof

Driver for R5 M330? HP 15AC079NL

alessandrof

Hi, I'm trying to install the R5 M330 driver on my notebook HP 15AC079NL but the Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Hotfix doesn't work. I've also tried Crimson Edition 16.7.3 (minimal setup), suggested by the auto-detect, with the same result. Radeon Software crashes on the following reboot of the laptop and it doesn't set the right resolution of the screen.

What can i do? thanks

• Re: Driver for R5 M330? HP 15AC079NL
          amdmatt

Radeon Software Crashing can be solved by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in the linked document, and using DDU to remove your current drivers. Please use Crimson 16.7.3.

alessandrof

I tried reinstalling Windows 7 64-bit and then the onboard video card drivers (CPU: Intel i7 5500U) and this has been successful installed.

Problems occur when I install the AMD dedicated driver (tried Crimson 16.7.3 and also the old Crimnson 15.12): the next reboot, in fact, the resolution is lowered to 800x600 and the Radeon Settings control panel is not available. Windows also shows me this message: Some hardware changes were detected, restart the PC. How can I fix the problem? is it correct this installation order? Win 7, driver Intel, dedicated AMD driver and then the others drivers required?

amdmatt

Correct method would be Install Windows, fully update Windows, Install Intel Drivers, restart, install AMD drivers, restart.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      alessandrof

Should I have to install the Crimson Edition 16.9.2 or the 16.7.3? Thanks.

kingfish

Unless the Win7 OS has been fully updated (Windows Update) before attempting to install any AMD driver...nothing will work correctly. This includes not only the SP1 upgrade, but all the relevant 'optional' upgrades like .netframeworks and C++.

Correct drivers 16.10.3 full version > Mobile

How to install them > The specified item was not found.     Pay attention to Intel/AMD graphics procedure.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              alessandrof

amdmatt "Correct method would be Install Windows, fully update Windows, Install Intel Drivers, restart, install AMD drivers, restart."

I followed all the steps that you have recommended, but nothing has changed. Problems arise when I install the latest AMD video driver. The installation procedure is completed, but there are no AMD driver and no Radeon software. Right now I am following the steps again from the beginning and Windows Update tells me that there are two updates for the two video controllers:

• Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500  (software update released in August, 2016)
                              • Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - AMD Radeon R5 M330 (software update released in July, 2015)

The graphics adapter is the video driver? Or are two different things? should I ignore these two recommended drivers from Windows update?

These are the devices detected by the control panel before I install both drivers video (intel/amd)

Immagine.png