4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 2:29 AM by iimeisnarwhal

AMDPSP.SYS FILE GONE AFTER TRYING TO UPGRADE TO CRIMSON

iimeisnarwhal

Sooooo I know I was stupid but I wanted to install the crimsion driver on my Lenovo G50 AMD A8 Well I installed it and during mid install It say it had crashed, so I left it alone because I had to go to bed for school in the morning so I went to school and wanted to play a game soooo I pressed the button on it said That the amdpsp.sys file got delteded And Im getting a blue screen with error code 0xc000007b error. I am on my windows 8.1 now and I was wondering if i could download it to a usb????? If so I would like the linkand it would be valued so much, Thanks!, Sooooo I know I was stupid but I wanted to install the crimsion driver on my Lenovo G50 AMD A8 Well I installed it and during mid install It say it had crashed, so I left it alone because I had to go to bed for school in the morning so I went to school and wanted to play a game soooo I pressed the button on it said That the amdpsp.sys file got delteded And Im getting a blue screen with error code 0xc000007b error. I am on my windows 8.1 now and I was wondering if i could download it to a usb????? If so I would like the linkand it would be valued so much, Thanks!

• Re: AMDPSP.SYS FILE GONE AFTER TRYING TO UPGRADE TO CRIMSON
          asvs

Hello iimeisnarwhal,

When user try to execute any application or game on their windows system then, 0xc000007b/0xc000007b error appears suddenly and stop the user to execute their tasks. This error mainly generates because of mixing up 32 bit environment with 64 bit one. It means you have a 32 bit application that attempts to load a 64 bit dll. Such error may also appear while playing PC games

In your case the issue might have occurred due to the corrupted system or Boot files.

I suggest you to run Bootrec tools in Command Prompt.

These commands fix the issues with Startup Repair.

Create installation media for Windows 8.1

Follow the below steps to open Command Prompt.

1. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

3. Tap or click Startup Settings.

If you don't see Startup Settings, tap or click Advanced options, and then tap or click on Command Prompt.

In the command prompt, type the following commands and hit enter.

bootrec /fixMBR

bootrec /Fixboot

bootrec /rebuildBCD

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform system refresh without affecting your files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Note:

Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Hope this information helps you.