6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 7:03 AM by amdmatt

Windows 10 64 bits 1511 after Aniversary Update 1607 software faliures

ketkaiball

Recently I have updated three laptops and one PC from Windows 10 HE and PRO, 64 bits, version 1511 to the latest Aniversary Update version 1607.

The three laptops were I5 processor and the PC was Gigabyte motherboard and AMD A10 7800, APU processor.

Well, I had no problems in the three laptops, only in one, that had CCleaner installed, this software dissapeared after updating OS. And OS showed me a message saying Ccleaner was erased because of incompatibility. But I didn´t believe that and reinstall it again and it worked fine.

Problems came after the PC OS update.

- AMD Quick Stream dissapeared. OS Update told me I need to reinstall it again. I did it and works fine.

-Also AMD Radeon had a problem of incompatibility but it recovered the problem, told to me in a message and fixed the problem by itself and I shouldn´t to do nothing.

-Adobe Reader DC worked fine. But it had a problem with "save as" a PDF file opened. I should to ask for help to the community and they gave me the solution unchecking "Show storage on line when saving files" in the "preferences" tab. (I was not the onliest with same problem).

-CCleaner dissapeared. OS update told me it´s incompatible. I didn´t believe it. I reinstall it and works fine.

- Also my O&Oshutup10 software dissapeared. Without reasons. I reinstall it and works fine.

- Also CrystalDiskInfo dissapeared. Without reasons. I reinstall it and works fine.

- Also Gigabyte APP Center was working on second plane, but when I tryed to open its APPs (System Information Viewer (SIV), and @BIOS) it was impossible, freezing my computer and CPU at 90% work. I uninstalled APP Center and reinstall it again and reinstall SIV and @BIOS and they work fine.

Becuase I wanted to investigate why this happened, I undid the OS update and returned to previous version 1511. And all was working fine. Then I updated again the OS in this PC and I got the same failures and dessapearings.

I don´t know what is exactly the cause of all this, but I want to tell you to help other AMD users after the same OS Aniversary Update and help you to study what is the problem with this OS version 1607 and AMD software.

Best regards from Spain.

• Re: Windows 10 64 bits 1511 after Aniversary Update 1607 software faliures
          amdmatt

Thanks for the post. Perform a DDU uninstall of your current AMD drivers and then download the latest compatible drivers and that should fix your issue.

ketkaiball

Hello, and thanks for the suggestion.

I have done all you said before. And I got the same situation than before of doing nothing.

I had never seen my CPU working at more temperature of 55 ºC cause nothing, only cause the "Task Manager" is now crazy . This has been first time, althought I have different CPU cooling much better than AMD processor came with into the packet.

Again, when I updated Radeon drivers, OS told me it had a faliure (something about "Radeon settings ... Wattman... recovered..."  I had no time to read the fast notification before it dissapeared).

And little time after again this fast notification told me something about "too much PPP... " again no time to read and I don´t know what happened.

This update of Windows is the worst I've seen in a long time. It is a shame that Microsoft released this update "build 1607" without having tested before on different PCs with different processors. the damage they are doing to millions of users can not imagine.

I know all my hardware is working fine, and all troubles my computer has come from the OS.

ketkaiball

Hello again. I have one new and I want to share it.

My PC APU AMD A10 7800 has an enhanced cooling system. Before this last update Windows 10 PRo 64 bits 1607, temperature of APU was from 19 ºC to 45 ºC and rarely, only when I was watching videos, it was about 50 ºC to 53 ºC. I was very glad with these temperatures.

After the last Windows 10 update, I observe APU temperature is normaly over 30 ºC and oftenly about 40ºC when I watch videos and the usage of APU is about 29% to 33%.

But, when I open a PDF file with Adobe Reader DC, APU temperature reaches more than 55 ºC and the usage of APU is about 75% to 80%.

When I close Adobe Reader DC, temperature goes down to 40 ºC again.

Now I feel myself afraid about opening PDF files, and try not to leave the PDF file opened long time.

This issue of APU temperature down Windows 10 PRO 64 bits build 1607, needs a solution as fast as possible. I don´t want my APU fryed.