1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 5:02 AM by amdmatt

Problems with drivers for MSI RX480 8GB

pandaen

Greetings, today I just bought the The MSI rx480 and so far it's been a total nightmare... this is what happens, I did a clean install of windows 7, it was necessary I installed the new card

so I decided to install the drivers from the cd that comes with the whole package, it was doing it fine until windows 7 popped up a message saying something regarding the driver's firm, after that the cd asked for a reboot, I did it, then the crimson logo for the video card was there, I ran it, and suddenly it was  gone. I tried a new clean install for windows, then I went directly for the new drivers off amd's site, same results, then I did a clean install again, this time the hotfix, nothing again, then a new clean install and nothing, tried the DDU thingy, clean install, nothing again, everytime I install the drivers everyhting seems to be fine but when I try to run radeon to check for options, the icon is gone. I don't know what to do, I am starting to think it is the new GPU giving trouble, but my system detects it.

my previous gpu was an asus HD 7850, never any issue with it, anyone any idea about this?

my specs are these:

cpu: fx6400

Asus sabertooth 990fx

cooler master 720 silent pro12 gb ram 1600

windows 7 x64