AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX480 World of warcraft, extremely low FPS

Question asked by pavkoccino on Sep 27, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 by middy

Cheers ladies and gentlemen, with this topic I would like to point out one thing that is driving me crazy lately. RX480 is a card, which should handle World of Warcraft without a flinch. Yet, I seem to have a problem accomplishing that. This is a shoutout to all AMD drivers developers. Please, work on your drivers so the card works properly with this game. The only driver version with which I can get decent FPS (around 85 stable, with high settings) is 16.5.2. I believe we can all agree that driver is quite outdated atm. Any driver version above makes my game unplayable, since I am having around 10 - 20 FPS no matter how hard I change the settings. Make no mistake, I tried every single update of the drivers that came out and all of them does that to me. I tried uninstalls and fresh installs of the drivers...just nothing. I believe it is not just my issue, when the 16.5.2 driver works fine. If anyone has a fix for that or a different experience, I will gladly receive some echo. Also I will list my computer spec so you don't say it's because of the CPU and blah blah blah.

Have a nice day boiz,
Pavkoccino.

CPU: Intel i5-6500U (no Overclock)
GPU: Radeon RX480 12GB
RAM: 8GB

HDD: Kingston 120GB SSD + casual WD 500GB HDD
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Outcomes