9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 4:50 PM by black_zion

What are the best cards to run 3440 x 1440?

quovadis123

Hi guys,

I know very little to nothing about AMD cards. I have always used Geforces, Since 2013, Titans in SLI.

The problem is, that now, there are some nice monitors on the market which use Freesync as opposed to Gsync, so I must buy some AMD video cards.

Most of the cards I see from AMD came out in 2015? Are there any new ones on the market or coming soon?

I need to run 3440 x 1440 on ultra or high. I only play FPS games.

Which cards would be adequate for this?

I do not like the look of the Fury X with that cooler dangling behind it. Makes me think that if the card needs water cooling, it runs too hot in the first place.

Secondly, does anyone know if two different slots on the motherboard can be used with different cards?

I want the AMD card to power a 34" freesync monitor running at 3440 x 1440.

In the other slot I want to run a geforce titan on two other 1920x1080 monitors.

I am wondering if windows 7 will allow two sets of graphic drivers on the same machine?

I also do a lot of photo editing work, mainly Adobe products. Are there any adverse interactions between AMD cards and adobe software?

Thanks

Quo