7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 7:44 AM by demolition460

Black screen with moveable cursor during installation of version 16.9.2 hotfix driver

demolition460

Hi all,

Currently looking for all the help i can get regarding my current situation of not being able to complete the installation of the latest 16.9.2 hotfix driver on my system. I cannot get past the 'driver installation' phase in the installation utility as my screen will flicker (as per normal with every driver installation) however it will flicker a final and unexpected time resulting in a black screen with a cursor which i can move around. The computer still runs in the background and can still hear it processing things through my headset however it will never leave this black screen. When i attempt to restart everything goes as per normal however after the windows logo with the spinning dots it will proceed to a black screen with spinning dots (no windows logo) instead of my logon screen and desktop, You can still hear it chiming as it logs in just no visual representation and will stay on this screen for eternity. The only way i can fix this is to boot into safe mode and revert to the 16.7.3 driver. I am in need for the 16.9.2 driver to work to play the newly released Forza Horizon 3. I have tried everything i can think of and have researched such as: Using DDU to clear drivers, Installing in safe mode, Disabling Signed driver enforcement, creating a new administrator account, Uninstalling Intel graphics drivers and AMD drivers then reinstalling, Manually installing drivers through Device Manager, the list goes on. I am also on the latest Windows 10 Aniversary edition update. Any help i can get on this is much appreciated. (PC Specifications are below)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 Overclocked 3GB

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard