2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 2:16 PM by asswhip

16.9.2 release notes incomplete?

asswhip

First off the 16.9.2 driver release solved my problems. Although I can't find anything in the release notes about general changes to the image/video processing.

My specs are as follows:

Hyrican Alpha Gaming PC 4246

Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 3,4GHz,

16GB RAM DDR3 PC3 12800 (1600 MHZ),

1TB HDD + 128GB SSD (Win 10 on the SSD),

AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB,

Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V μATX Mainboard

600W be quiet Power supply

My mention problems were stuttering and lagging while using 2 displays.

As example, watching something on one display (i.e. youtube, netflix, etc) and using the other display to surf the web.

When i opened a new website or tab the video picture lagged although the sound wasn't. In the worst case my whole system froze for a few seconds.

I tried everything from using different browser, different displays, changing the connection to the displays.
      At first i thought it was RAM related, but the I/O's looked fine. Also the problem started sometime around the update from CCC to the new radeon suit.

After contacting several supports from youtube, netflix,etc to AMD (never got a responds from your guys btw)

I figured it had to be the Graphic card or Driver.

Today i updated to 16.9.2 and my problem seems to be resolved.

That's why I really like to know what changed because it drove me mad for months.

So is there a more detailed version of the release notes than the one posted on the site or forum?

Cheers