4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 9:53 AM by black_zion

fx 6300 4 ghz voltage

gto_pro

Helo guys so i overclocked my fx 6300 to 4ghz but its not stable in prime 95 in blend test unless i bring the voltages to 1.41v and i fell its to mutch since the stock voltages for 3,5 ghz are 1.26.I tried to lower voltages but nothing lower was stable in prime 95 but in games and others stuff it was stable at 1.3250v.

I have a bad motherboard for ok its and asrock 980de3/u3s3 but i think i can do that magic 4ghz number on it with a deepcool gamax 300 and 3  120mm coolers in my case i know its not mutch of an overclock but i just want to hit that 4ghz number at least till Zen cpus come out then ima upgrade.

• Re:  fx 6300 4 ghz voltage
          black_zion

But is it stable in processor intensive real world tasks, such as games and video encoding? Also, 1.41v is -a lot- of voltage to be using an air cooler for.

• Re:  fx 6300 4 ghz voltage
              gto_pro

at 1.3250v its stable in games but im not using it for anything else and from what i remeber 1.41v was the stock voltage that it had when i first fired up the pc then i updated the motherboard to latest bios and the voltage droped to 1.2625 at stock and im getting after 1 hour of prime95  43 c on core temp and 57-60 on the socket  with 4ghz and 1,41 voltage. i realy want to oc to 4 ghz because i am seeing some improvments in games mainly the fps is stabilizing and not droping that intense from high to lows

• Re: fx 6300 4 ghz voltage
              gto_pro

after a few tests my overclock  at 4 ghz is stable only at 1.41v in prime 95 tests what can i do now ? keep it at this voltage is it because of the motherboard i mean i cant let the voltages to auto because the motherboard doesnt support that its manual or auto for both frequenti or voltage