2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 10:52 AM by kingfish

Random Crashing (DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_REMOVED)

dementalist

Ever since purchasing my AMD Radeon RX470 8GB video card, I have been experiencing random crashes in Star Wars Battlefront. "DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_REMOVED" is the specific error. I have tried everything from lowering graphics settings to updating to the latest AMD driver (16.9.2), but the error seems to keep recurring.

I have also monitored my temperatures and have assessed that the graphics card, under load, sits between 71C and 74C.

I seem to be experiencing this issue with Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE), as well as with Assassin's Creed Unity but much less frequently.

This problem has inhibited my gameplay experience. On the exact same computer and settings, I did not experience these problems on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB. Though, I have researched discussions about this problem, and it is not specific to NVIDIA or AMD. I realize this is likely an error in the game engine, but it is noteworthy that some NVIDIA users have reportedly addressed the problem by upgrading or downgrading to a specific NVIDIA driver.

I have attached a screenshot of the error prompt that I receive in the instance that it happens.DGXIError.png