4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 12:34 PM by cspecial

Graphics problem, please help

cspecial

A couple of weeks ago i bought a dell inspiron 15 - 5555 which came with the amd A10 8700p proccessor and the radeon r6 M345DX with 2GB. When i was at the adapter settings it was showing me that the graphics memory was 2gb and the total was 6gb. A few days ago i wanted to check something to the adapter settings again and it said that my graphics memory was 512mb and in total 4gb so i went to the radeon settings app and i realized that my laptop actually comes with 2 graphics card, tha radeon r6 M345DX which is 512mn and the radeon r5 m335 which is 2gb. It also says that the r6 is the primary and the r5 is called linked. Is there any way to set the r5 as the primary one because im not covered just with the r6 or is there something else i can do to set the memory back to 2gb instead of 512mb that is now?

• Re: Graphics problem, please help
          amdmatt

You have a Dual Graphics system, this means the two GPUs in your system work together to render as many FPS as possible. If you disable Dual Graphics in Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings then the faster of the two GPUs will be used. 

The A10-8700p APU features an integrated GPU, The R6 with 512MB of DDR3 memory. You also have a discrete GPU, the R5 M335 with 2GB of of memory. Your laptop can use system memory as video memory, this is configurable by the Motherboard bios, if your manufacturer has enabled it. When running Dual Graphics it should show as 4GB in total, this would mean that you have 1.5GB of system memory available to go along with the 512MB of DDR3 memory, as well as the 2GB of memory from your discrete GPU. In short, everything is working as expected so stop worrying.

• Re: Graphics problem, please help
              cspecial

That's really good to know, i thought that something happened. Why at the beginning it was showing my graphics card as 2gb though and now its 512mb? Does it have to do with the driver updates or it was using the R5 as the primary GPU and then somehow it switched to the R6. Does that mean that while is was showing the 2gb that the R6 wasn't used at all? I also cant find the dual graphics option anymore, i could find it with the amd catalyst center but after the radeon settings updated to 16.9.2 the catalyst center is gone and at the global settings of the gaming sectoin there is no dual graphics as well. Is there any other way i can find it, like download something else from amd or its not supported from my system with the radeon settings?