5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 3:02 PM by shakyor_

Heavy stutter in certain games 16.9.X

kokefa

I have gotten a really annoying problem with the two latest drivers from AMD, 16.9.1 and 16.9.2

When I play World of Warcraft, War Thunder, Grim Dawn, ReCore I get a really heavy stutter that last a second and occurs every 5 seconds. I can't find much info about it and feels I'm alone with this problem. To describe this stutter more, when the stutter happens it freezes your whole computer for a second, everything but your sound, you can't move your mouse, can't tab or anything, everythign freezes, your music in the background still plays normally, it doesn't freeze or have that funny .1 second loop sound.

I don't have this problem when I'm using an older driver (16.7.2).

What I notice when this stutter occur is my GPU Core goes from 1303 to bottom ~670mhz (idle clocks). I have noticed that this stutter occurs in world of warcraft more often than in other games.

My computer:

Core i7 3770K @ 4.3GHz

Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

ASUS Maximus V Formula

Corsair Rm750Wx

MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB

2x ASUS MG278Q, DP 1.2, 144hz, freesync off

Windows 10 64-bit with Anniversary Update

Obviously I have reported this to AMD via Crimson but I wanna see if anyone has experienced this aswell and probably has found a solution.

EDIT:

gpu-zstutter.png

You can see here that every spike downwards is a stutter that lasts 1-2 seconds.This is with Power Limit to +50%

gpu-zstutter2.png

Both sessions are just standing still in World of Warcraft with a graphic quality of 5, I have tested increasing to 10 and decreasing to 1, but the same stutter occurs anyway.

Temperatures doesn't go above 72C, CPU is not even near 60C.