5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2016 3:23 AM by gto_pro

FX-6300

hardcoregames™

AMD FX-6300 CPU » HARDCORE GAMES™

Prices are lower now so I was considering retiring the old Phenom II X4 965 as the FX-6300 does leverage the RAM I own a tad better

I have seen lots of threads on the CPU which suggests that some additional work on my review is needed

Besides the CPU cooler being below par, MX-4 does fix that problem

• Re: FX-6300
          gto_pro

the fx 6300 in not worth it it bottlenecks my r9 380 alot  the fps is all over the place once is smooth 60 fps then all of a sudden drops down to 30 -40 then goes back up thing like that u would rather go for an i3 6100 its mutch more stable in the avarage-max fps area

gto_pro

oh im sorry then im my country the i3 6100 is just 10 dollars more expensive than the 6300 but after looked a bit at ur processor and i dont think its mutch of an upgrade, i think if u overclock it to  4-4,1 ghz it will be as good as  the fx

hardcoregames™

Getting hard to find the lower priced AMD processors, expectations for Zen must be closer at hand

My MSI 970A-G43 is socket AM3+ so I was looking at a potential CPU improvement

Web site revenue is all over the dial,.which I am powerless to control

gto_pro

maybe if u buy a second hand 6300 at half the price but with that motherboard im telling u its better of overclocking the phenom and save ur money for the zen cpus