4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 2:32 AM by jerryy

Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB crashing/artifacting, driver issue or faulty card

jerryy

Hello,

I have the following issues with my new sapphire rx 480 4gb nitro card,

unfortunately, almost all my games are artifacting and crashing

mostly it crashes with the error "directx function get device removed reason failed with dxgi_error_device_reset" in nearly every game I have tried with it.

i have installed new windows, tried with diferent drivers (16.7.3/16.8.3/16.9.1) tried with diferent monitors and cables,- DP/dvi/hdmi,tried raised the power limit in wattman/sapphire trix app,

tried with amd compatibility mode on/off and freesync on/off, tried on 60/100/120/144hz refresh rate, eventualy i pluged the card in diferent computer (same issue) nothing helps...I don't think its driver issue or my rig because i have

tried with following cards windforce gtx 970, powercolor pcs r9 380, asus gtx 980ti strix, all working fine.

any suggestion before i start RMA process?

My rig: (nothing is overclocked)

CPU: i7 3770K

MBO: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866Mhz

SSD: Kingston V300 120GB

HDD: WD Blue 1TB

GPU: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 4GB

PSU: Corsair AX860

MONITOR: AOC G2460PF 144Hz Freesync

picrures with crashes/artifacts

video with arifacts in rainbow six siege and dragon age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Fys8rhJ5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkzfFv0RMU

• Re: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB crashing/artifacting, driver issue or faulty card
          warpfact0r10

What BIOS version are you running? The ASUS support site states that version 2104 "improves system stability".

Have you disabled all overclocking of all components?

But with those symptoms it is certainly possibly the card is faulty.

• Re: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB crashing/artifacting, driver issue or faulty card
            kisushi

Eeveryone should install the driver version 15.7.1 since the 15.11 is crimson this all started with crimson.

RMA might not solve the problem since people here RMA twice and the problem persisted

YOU should do what is bellow:

First you should uninstall the driver, then use DDU and AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.

Then install the previous driver manuallly in the device manager and use Sapphire Trixxx Utility and put, go to the fans settings and click fixed and put them to 100%.

The problem is happening i think is that Since Crimson drivers were introduced they didn't fixed a bug that is causing overheating on the GPU's, that bug is that they fans speed is my default at 20% power and it doesn't moves even when you play, causing it titco overheat and malfuntion.

Also try using Memtest to see if ram has any problems.

Use Furmark if you can stable your system to check is the GPU is fine

You can also update your VBios to the latest version, it could help.

Windows 10 Aniversary Update is causing major issues as well i recommend either disable the automatic updates if you didn't install update or do a clean install of windows and disable the automatic updates after installation.

Users here said that overvolting or downvolting the memory ram and GPU could solve it, but that was just for a few users.

jerryy

Just to inform you guys it was a faulty card, got a new one few days ago and it's working perfectly, thanks to scan.co.uk the RMA process is completed within a reasonable time, lock and load for BF1