14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2016 12:40 AM by alevelas

Only problems with AMD.

dualgraphicsfreak

I bought a new Laptop with AMD (A10-9600P with R5 + dedicated R7 M340 = R8 M445DX Dual Graphics). And I have many big driver problems.

At first I tried it with the WHQL 16.9.1 Hotfix Driver, but during install I got only a blackscreen (at least the mouse cursor was showing up). Even after a restart - only a blackscreen. I had to format my drive and reinstall Windows 10.

Now I tried it with the WHQL 16.7.3 Driver. The driver was installing correctly, but it did not detect my Dual Graphics. On Device Manager, only "AMD R5 Graphics" and as a second device "AMD Radeon R7 M340" was shown, but no R8 M445DX Dual Graphics. So because this driver did not detect my Dual Graphics, i uninstalled it. Now i wanted to use the driver from Windows Update (16.6 WHQL). Windows Update installed now 16.6., but sadly only with the very old CCC. So I had to reinstall Windows 10 again, to get the new Radeon Settings back.

Now I reinstalled Windows 10 again, only with the Windows Update Graphics Drivers. Now I had finally 16.6 with the new Radeon Settings, and with my Dual Graphics showing on Device Manager. (AMD Graphics R5 + AMD Radeon R8 M445DX).

So I wanted to test now the Dual Graphics. I enabled in the Radeon Settings the Option "Show Crossfire Logo". But in None of the games I tested the Crossfire Logo was shown (Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III, Hearthstone). So I suspect Dual Graphics still did not work.

What the hell can I do to get Dual Graphics work? And how can I use a newer driver without getting problems? Being stuck on an old Windows Update driver is not a good thing.

تم تحرير الرسالة بواسطة: Achi Schneyder