AnsweredAssumed Answered

Locked at 30FPS on Stardew Valley, RX 480

Question asked by stevenleonon on Sep 20, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 by stevenleonon

Hi all, I just recently built a PC with a Sapphire RX 480 and I'm loving it! I can play games like Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and GTA V at high-ultra settings and still get 60fps, which is amazing. On my old, cheap laptop I played Stardew Valley, and decided to bring my save over to my new PC. When I launched it and started up my save file, I noticed the framerate was much lower than usual, and when I checked it stayed at a constant 30fps. There were no other programs up in the background. I played around with the resolution, and while most things didn't help, switching to 1600x900 or 2550x1440 shot my FPS back up over 60. I would play with those resolutions, but unfortunately the UI is mostly off screen for both of those resolutions, so if I want to play it will need to run smoothly in my native resolution (1920x1080).

While I'm unsure what is causing this, some people have suggested that my PC may be using integrated graphics instead of the RX 480, but if that is the case I have to idea how to force my PC to make the switch. Any help is greatly appreciated! Here is a link to my PC build.

Outcomes