0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 12:32 PM by desertcamo99

290x, 4k, 10bit color and Chroma 4:4:4 - Samsung KS8000 - Help!

desertcamo99

I recently purchase a 4k Samsung KS8000 - It will do 4k with Chroma 4:4:4 - My 290x cannot output this alone but with an adapter I purchased I can do 60hz, 8 bit color, and chroma 4:4:4. Crimson software is making this a pain to do. Here are some specs:

i5 3570k

16GB ram

XFX 290x GPU - using the Club3D CAC-1070 Display port to HDMI 2.0 adapter to achieve 60Hz

Windows 10 - (keeps "reccomending" the wrong resolution of 4096x2160 for 4k - I keep changing it to the right one (3840x2160) but the TV still thinks its getting the wrong resolution)

Brand new high quality HDMI 2.0 cable - 10ft

- UHD Color mode for Hdmi port - Enabled

- Hdmi input renamed and icon changed to PC (made no difference from what I saw)

- Turning HDR+ on/off didnt change anything

Well it seems the 290x is having a hard time doing Chroma 4:4:4 in 4k. I checked the club 3d specs and it seems using a 10 bit panel (or 10 bit color) I cannot achieve 4:4:4 running 4k. Alright thats fine, but the control panel is telling me its running in 8 bit and I cannot change it. Here are some quick photos:

pastedImage_0.png

AMDsite1.JPG

Also I do not have a pixel format option. These new crimson AMD drivers are garbage! Regardless if its a limitation of the adapter/display port I cant stand the interface and lack of options.

My issue is very similar to this user/post: https://community.amd.com/thread/203293 - I was not able to get chroma 4:4:4 working using his instructions - but since he using 8 bit colors he claims (and does) he should be able to get chroma 444. Right off the bat he is able to achieve this without the AMD drivers installed, but as soon as they are installed the chroma 444 goes away.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Clifs - Using 290x and club 3d DP to HDMI adapter. System is reporting 8 bit colors (setting is greyed out - cannot change it) and not running chroma 4:4:4