6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 11:10 AM by sandrino

R7 M360 stutter problem

sandrino

I have had this issue for a rather long time now and the issue is that whenever I try to run a somewhat demanding ( does not need to as the problem occurs in like every game I have tried)

My system specs is the a10 8700p with R7 M360 and windows 10 and the laptop manufacturer is acer ( no help from them whatsoever)

I have also noticed that the area near the gpu makes this weird buzzing noise whenever I play a game on the dgpu, could it be the voltage regulators going bad or some defective capacitors as I doubt the gpu itself that is making those noises and no it is not coming from the hdd nor the fan. And even weirder, the noise coming from that area is in sync with the stuttering in the games that I play on it.

• Re: R7 M360 stutter problem
          amdmatt

What temperatures are you hitting? Likely some throttling going on causing the stuttering.

The noise sounds like coil whine?

• Re: R7 M360 stutter problem
              sandrino

I am hitting about 60/65 degrees celsius under load and the stuttering is relieved briefly when rapidly plugging in and out the charger, it seems as if the internal components of the computer is not able to properly supply the dgpu with enough power to keep it going and that may be why it is rapidly fluctuating between 0 and 1125mhz and yes I have tried a higher wattage charger. The more plausible of causes could be that the capacitors in the computer is not delivering a steady enough current and for the coil whine it is not likely since the noise comes from the capacitor or voltage regulator and the noise weirdly enough is in sync with the core clock speed of the gpu cause when it makes noise it runs full speed and when it gets quiet it drops to 300mhz (or 0 mhz depending).