2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 3:08 AM by satan176

Radeon Hd7700 driver not getting installed

satan176

Hi, my pc is working fine, recently i was trying to play fifa 17 demo it asked me to upgrade my graphic driver to the latest version. I downloaded the drivers and tried installing it using ati catalyst but it did not show me a option to install the display drivers. I uninstalled all the amd drivers in safe mode and tried to manually install the display driver using device manager - have disk option. Now it gives me a error saying That windows found the driver but was unable to install it and gives "the extended attributes are inconsistent windows".

I am at my wits end I tried downloading beta version as well but still the same error. Currently my display is showing as VGA default. Till now the graphic card is working fine, but yet drivers are not getting installed. Please help

System -

Win 7

• Re: Radeon Hd7700 driver not getting installed
          catchabreak

system restore seems to be your only option. "the extended attributes are inconsistent windows" appears to be just a general fault of either mismatched or missing files. have you checked to make sure you downloaded the correct windows version, platform apu or gpu and 32  or 64, very strange that it did not recognise your card.  Download the AMD auto detect software off their web site ,  Download Drivers  Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver, not sure if this will work before you use system restore.