3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 12:54 PM by b.c.

R9 390X wattman and Radeon Settings Crashes 16.9.1

mrspiff

I have the same issues with my R9 390X's 16.9.1, as this previous user did in July rx480 Radeon Settings/Wattman Continually crashing..

It doesn't matter if I'm in crossfire, or if I'm overclocked.

I have performed a clean install w/ DDU Safe Mode, deleted all previous versions extracted driver content, and dism restore health; as well as Windows AIO Repair Registry Cleaning, AutoRuns, ETC.... (basically I konw my windows install is good)

For some reason on this and the 16.8 Drivers, games and other programs now see these cards in either crossfire or not, as 3GB of VRAM Instead of the 8 they have. (used to show up as 8GB)

I too get the errors and crashes of wattman when returning to Radeon Settings after game play, but also receive random crashes of Radeon Settings when not in the application.

System Specs:

MSI 990FXA Gaming

FX-9590

32GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3 1600

2 Kingston HyperX 3K 480GB SSD's in RAID 0

1 WD Blue 1TB HDD

Corsair AX1200i PSU

2 MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G GPU's

EK Full Coverage WaterBlocks W/Backplate on GPU's

Custom Koolance WB on VRM

Koolance CPU Cooler

2 360mm Koolance Radiators

Koolance Resivior and Pump

10 Thermaltake Riing Fans

Video Cards are running 29 Deg C & 31 Deg C

CPU is Running 31 Deg C

Here are some of my Error Messages:

1.)

The program RadeonSettings.exe version 10.1.1.1648 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: b84

Start Time: 01d21087cad6237d

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Report Id: 3b4faeb1-7c7b-11e6-9c98-d8cb8a79bfff

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

2.)

The program RadeonSettings.exe version 10.1.1.1648 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 1c94

Start Time: 01d21042c36a9797

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Report Id: 05a3291a-7c7b-11e6-9c98-d8cb8a79bfff

3.)

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1648, time stamp: 0x57d02ce5

Faulting module name: libGLESv2.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x558c69c7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c62d4

Faulting process id: 0x2a84

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2104092fa7e1f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\libGLESv2.dll

Report Id: 8b314cba-4de0-4fef-9e36-8037788e7bc8

• Re: R9 390X wattman and Radeon Settings Crashes 16.9.1
          sgdevil

Same problem here since I installed the driver 16.9.1. Now no matter what I do, uninstall, clean registry or install other drivers, the wattman keep crashing my PC when I try to play any game with high resolution. It literally turns my PC off and after it restarts a message appear saying that Wattman reset the config due some system failure. Sad days without playing my games...

More than 10 years using Radeon and never experienced something like this. Thinking seriously to migrate to the dark side of the "force".

xxmobius1xx

I don't have any issues with this driver, only glitch I am facing is that I cannot increase my voltage in Wattman. Also I am curious as to what OS you are running, and what background programs you are using. I have Windows 10 pro, and as for programs Sound Blaster Cinema 2, steam, Skype that's it.

b.c.

Hi I'll give to you my solution for the exact same problem that a had. First I want to say that my problem with crashes started when I installed my R9 290 on my new configuration witch is i3 4170 with  new MB socket 1150 and new DDR ram for it. My PSU (700W), SDD and HDD are the same as they were on my last configuration - it used to be Core quad Q6600 with MB socket 775 and DDR2. After i read all the forums and tried every solution and nothing helped (it coasted me 2 months ) I switched back to my old processor and MB - no crashes at all (WD2 ran on medium not very high like with 4170). So I decided  to check for any inconsistencies in bios settings in my old and new MB - and there it was one small thing. My old MB PCI-E setting was set to PCI-E 2.0 and the New one was set to Auto (probably auto detected to 3.0).

So I set my new MB to PCI-E 2.0  and that was the end of all my problems. No afterburner, no tdrdelay, just play. I installed the latest drivers (17.1.2) which were the most bad solution for me before that.

sorry for my bad english and good luck.

please report if this solution work for you.