5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 3:11 AM by maxhardy

AMD Radeon GPU driver installation cause black screen

maxhardy

AMD Radeon GPU driver installation cause black screen

amd mobility radeon hd 7650m 2GB

i update Crimson then issue started black screen on windows logon. then i clean the hard-disk ,installed new OS windows 8,8.1,10 when i try install any official stock catalyst or crimson while installing display driver issue with  black screen crash and some time mouse is showing flickering .....i try many version not able install stuck or freezing..after only way hard shutdown  then i try uninstall amd display driver in device manage on safe mode then it able to login normal with Basic display adaptor. now unable to install any amd display driver for GPU

any fix for this?????????????????????

help................................................................

• Re: AMD Radeon GPU driver installation cause black screen
          excellr8

I am currently dealing with the same issue, except with a brand new RX 480 in Windows 10. Video is present with generic display driver until AMD driver is installed and my display shows NO SIGNAL and video never returns. Very frustrating--since I have tried both AMD website drivers and supplied drivers on disk.

My other cards, including a pair of HD 7970 and a single R9 290X work just fine so I am waiting on a response from the manufacturer.

excellr8

Just updating...

I ended up returning the RX 480 for a different model and the new card works fine with no issues whatsoever. Bad luck I guess.

maxhardy

finally i find the fix for my laptop  Amd HD 7650M 2GB + i5 intel

a.black screen issue when logon and b.installation black screen

1st try with hdmi / vga connected second monitor then try to install  or try to turn on still issue persists

it a hardware failure gpu dead.try below step it worked for me.

1. need "air heat gun" and "heat thermal paste".

2. disassemble laptop fully.

3.remove heat sink with fan from motherboard clean the fan dust if your have and now able to find chip process and AMD  Gpu in laptop.

4.read the chip which one is GPU and take "air heat gun" blow up-to 5 to 10 min then wait to cool 30 min don't touch chip.

5.put the thermal paste on both intel proccess + amd gpu chip place the heat sink carefully.and assemble your laptop

6. turn on  install any catalyst driver .i have install 15.11 catalyst  (don't install crimson driver it burn your GPU)

and enjoy

it working fine for me...

this very risk i have sony laptop the company is closed . i have no choice to service. i done by myself.

it help someone keep try any dead gpu and black screen issue